LGV Training London

Get LGV Licence for driving HGV’s

If you are already a licenced driver and have passed the UK car test anytime before January 1997, you must possess the LGV C1/7.5 tonne entitlement on your driving licence.

If however, you have passed the licence test anytime after January 1997, and you are more than 18 years of age, you need not take the LGV C1 test first.

If you have passed the C already and want to get the LGV C+E (HGV Class 1), you can go straight to the LGV C or HGV Class 2 and choose the different driving training course. With the provisional C+E and the Articulated Truck with 13.6m Tri-axle Trailer or by using the Drawbars at any one of our 12 training locations all over London and around M25.

Do you already possess a licence and want to hone your skills? Take the driver refresher training.

How to get a HGV licence?

You need the Provisional LGV, and the Hazard Perception theory tests. We are here to help.

If you do not have the C1 licence already, you would need to pass the Initial Driver CPC modules like the Module 2 which is the Case Study Theory Test and the Module 4 which is the practical demonstration tests in order to get the Driver Qualification Card that is necessary for obtaining work as a paid driver. For more details on the same, you can click the Driver CPC Initial Qualification.

Also, since September 2009, all the Bus and coach drivers, and the lorry drivers must take the Driver CPC periodic training regardless of the time when their LGV/HGV tests were done.

Visit our school, meet our instructors face to face and try out our vehicles. Get all the necessary information about obtaining a HGV licence.

We recommended an assessment on driving which will last for an hour approximately. Our instructor will check out your driving skills and other relevant experience on driving to advise you on the kind of training that you must obtain. Once the assessment is over, we can quote a training package that is perfectly suitable for you. Once you pass the test, you can certainly boost up your job prospects with the Truck Mounted Forklift Certificate or the Lorry Loader Hiab certificate. We can also help you in finding the perfect job for yourself.

Remember, DSA allows the LGV C holders to obtain the complete manual PCV licence when you pass the PCV Automatic Passenger Carrying Vehicle Bus or Coach.

So………….if you’re still unsure if you are making the right choice in your LGV (HGV) training provider – call us on 020 8819 0000 and book a free assessment right now – you won’t be disappointed.