LGV Training London

LGV C1+E Training

For towing a trailer with your truck or van you would either need to pass the C1+E or the B+E test.

C1 vehicles are those vans or trucks which weigh over 3.5 kg. Hence if with your trailer you want to drive this kind of vehicle, you would need a C1+E entitlement.

Chippers and Mulchers towed by Tree Surgeons as well as Arboreal Specialists, mini excavators and diggers towed by civil engineers. Recreational vehicles needed for towing cars, boats, crafts and motor bikes behind the RV’s as well as drivers of recovery vehicles would all need C1+E entitlement.

We offer training for RDT or Rapid Development Trailers as well, which are used for recovery and breakdown supplies service, like the RAC.

The C1+E training we offer are based in Park Royal and Wembley and are on a van of 5.5 ton with a box trailer.

By passing the C1+E, you would be able to tow a trailer of up to 4.5 tonne weight by driving a 7.5 tonne vehicle. Hence the Maximum Train Weight or MAM would be around 12 tonnes.

You might already hold the C1 entitlement if you passed your car test before the year 1997 January. But if you want to take the C1+E training and test, you must also acquire provisional C1+E entitlement as well as pass LGV theory tests before the driver training or the test for you can be arranged.

You must also remember that driving C1+E or C1 vehicles professionally would also require you to obtain Driver CPC. Since Wallace is a well recognized training school, the practical training you undergo during your up gradation from C1 to C1+E, would count within the Driver CPC Periodic Training Hours.